Crash diets, endless gym sessions, aerobics, name it and you have done it. You did lose a bit of weight but it comes back as soon as you revert to your normal eating habits. And now you are going to give up on losing weight. This is what happens to most of us. You find it difficult to stay on track. You go on binging sessions after your crash diets. In short, you lack ‘MOTIVATION’ to keep going. Motivation is one thing that everyone wants. Unfortunately, only a few of us have it. How do you get motivation to keep going until you achieve your weight loss goal? Here are a few tips on how to stay motivated to keep with your weight loss efforts.
1) Set easy goals- Set achievable goals so that you can move ahead promptly.
2) Reward yourself on reaching the set goal. Celebrate your achievement no matter how small it is.
3) Do not be too hard on yourself. Indulge in your favorite food once in a while. Don’t feel guilty if you miss out on one of your workout sessions.
4) Avoid following diets that eliminate a food type totally. Remember that your body requires carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. You may experience instant weight loss. But your body is craving for these essentials and you may end up overindulging after the diet.
5) Eat smart. Include fruits, vegetables, milk and proteins in your diet. Remember, it’s not only about speedy weight loss, but also about being healthy.
6) Change your workout routines once in a while. Make it more fun and challenging.
7) Include a buddy into your workout regime. It’s easier if you have a friend supporting you and not letting you slip.
Control your emotions. Do you eat more when you are frustrated or angry or just feeling sad? Avoid comfort eating. Distract yourself when you go through rough phases. Go for a brisk walk, read a book, call your best friend or just sleep on it. But do not grab a plate!
9) Keep a food journal. Note down immediately after you have eaten. Seeing it in paper will make you realize if you have gone overboard or not.
10) Share your weight loss with friends and family. Remember, joy is doubled when success is shared.
Learn to enjoy what you do. Being thin is not going to be the answer to all your problems. Thin people also have bad days at work or feel let down by others. You will have lots of needs to be satisfied in your life. Being healthier or slimmer is just one of them. Leading a happier, healthier life is the greatest reward.